Facebook icon YouTube icon Pinterest icon RSS icon Flickr icon

H-Tombstone

Bunker Hill Ore Team in the Tombstone District, early 1880's

Downtown Tombstone after 1882 fire destroyed the town's business corridor for the second time in two years.

Bird's eye view of Tombstone.

Five foot vein of Argentiferous galena at 500 feet, 1904.

Mine sites in Tombstone

On May 1, 1880, John P. Clum printed the first issue of the Tombstone Epitaph in a tent. This photo shows the newspaper's headquarters in 1951.

Old walking beam pump

1908, one half fly wheel for a 1500 gallon pump lowered into Contention mine. 

Prospectors near the  Livery and Feed Stable, circa 1880s